In 1818, the Genesee Conference assigned a circuit rider, named Aurora Seeger, to this area.  The circuit took four weeks and he had thirty-five preaching stops.
Bye 1835, the Methodist Congregation had constructed its first church on Aurora Street.  Lancaster Methodist Episcopal Church was incorporated on December 28th, 1839.  Under the ministry of Rev. J.W. Vaughn its membership had increased to 107.

As the membership increased, a larger sanctuary was needed.  Property at our current location was purchased in 1850 and the church structure was erected in 1852.
In 1965, the current three story adjacent structure was dedicated.  It is used for office, Christian Education and fellowship space.  1972 brought the merger of the Lancaster UMC and the Depew UMC for a combined membership of about 600 at the newly named Faith United Methodist Church.

A September 1984 fire caused by a contractor’s torch destroyed most of the church building. However; the original stained-glass windows were saved.  The church was rebuilt using the original stained-glass windows and bell.

Today, our family at Faith church works together to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We invite you to join us and become a part of the church today, and a piece of its history tomorrow.